Wednesday 25 September 2013

How far would you drive to buy fabric?

One of the most difficult things about living in a semi remote location is the lack of access to good sewing supply shops. Quilting fabrics are most common but basic apparel fabric is hard to come by easily. I know every fabric shop within 400 km and not all of them carry great fabrics. This makes it a little harder to do any impulsive sewing and purchases must be pre planned around a road trip. I have been known to drive up to 200 km out of my way to visit a fabric store to stock up. This does however make for fun road trips. On Friday I went to pick up my sons from boarding school and found myself doing a round trip to two of my favourite shops in two separate towns. This was my days fabric haul
Can wait to start cutting it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment