Tuesday 10 September 2013

More Flashback Skinny Tees

Spring sprung here in Australia over the weekend and I found I wanted to create some new summer clothes for my daughter and fast. I traced 3 more skinny tees in a size 11/12 and got two of them sewn up.


Flashback Skinny tees
Flash back Skinny Tee
 
Firstly some left over pink knit that I have had in my stash for years. Nice to bust it.
My daughter thinks it's too short but I wanted a nice big hem so it would sit nicely and not roll up.
 
The second is a lovely striped knit that I think I ordered from the USA or from Crafty mamas. The applique was traced from an existing tee shirt.
Was pretty pleased with the twin needle finish. best one so far and not wonky at all. I think the secret is to increase the stitch length, go really slowly and not stretch the fabric. Nice. The last tee is still folded waiting for me to change the colour of the overlocking thread.
Loving the summer sewing. May even get brave enough to post some selfish sewing. Stay tuned.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment