Thursday 19 December 2013

Boy Shorts!

I have finally talked my 12 year old son into posing for my blog. I have complete these shorts for our Australian summer. The first pair I copied directly from Siestas and Sewing. Thank you Cindy!  They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. The shorts I made from Oliver and S Sketchbook Shorts adding rib knit for waistband and cord....pretty much exactly as Cindy did.




The second pair is good old Ottobre 3/2010 number 36 'Combo Bermudas'.
These were shortened to shorts length and I left out the cargo pockets so I could get the shorts out of 1 metre of fabric. I have used black stretch denim. They are being worn often so must be comfortable.



Incidentally Isaac did the screen printing for this tee shirt himself as an art project. How cool is it!. Parkour is a bit of an obsession with both my boys at the moment. You cant see by these photos but the back has elastic so they fit really well.

I have some Christmas sewing to post so will go now and finish. Only a few days to go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment