Wednesday 8 January 2014

Out of season sewing again

I love long summer holidays. At the moment every day I wake up! run my 5 km and think about what I am going to sew for the day.  My son has been begging me for a 'onesie'. They are apparently all the rage at the moment. The following is the second of two. The first was part of a costume for a school play. Isaac was cast as Michael from Peter Pan. Unfortunately the day before the production my onesie was mistaken for old pyjamas and taken to the charity store. Oh sad day. An emergency onesie was produced from Target and I was propositioned for a replacement.
Polar fleece from spotlight.

Despite the Australian summer heat Isaac insists on wearing this attractive garment as much as possible. The pattern is This one. I think I downloaded it from sewing patterns.com for 2 bucks. I made it up in the largest size, which is extra large. I fit into it as well.

 
The original Peter Pan costume had a flap at the back to make it look more like Michael. I haven't put the buttons on yet but the new onsie had to have the same flap. It looks pretty funny when he carries something in there. I have been given the new order for winter. Apparently I have to make a 'snow leopard onsie next. Snow leopard polar fleece anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment