Saturday 11 January 2014

Jalie 2678. I made board shorts

Yesterdays make was board shorts for my 12 year old son. I made Jalie's  board shorts. The fabric was purchased from The Fabric Fairy a while ago and would not have been my first choice but Isaac was sold on the flames and I chose the other fabrics to contrast with the colours in it.  The pattern is absolutely great. I love all the little details that make these boardies look RTW.


Jalie 2678
Jalie 2678
Front view. tiny view of the eyelets.  Yep I (very badly) set eyelets for this epic project.

contrast bands from the side

back view of very nicely fitting well drafted and perfect to measurements garment.


Velcro opening.


Tiny little concealed secret key pocket. Isaac loved the concept of this pocket but was peeved when he realised that he would have to remove the shorts to actually get anything out of it. If you look closely you can see the outline of the 50 cent piece that I put in the pocket to prove that he could get anything in and out at all. poor kiddo wanted me to cut into the front of the shorts to make an opening so he could get to the pocket. Sorry Isaac I could not think of way to alter the way the pocket was constructed to get access from the front.


Worn in the pool today.
Proof!

have a great Sunday.


2 comments:

  1. How fun to see warm summer pictures while we are in the middle of winter...you brightened my day today! Thanks for linking up! The board shorts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We are experiencing a heat wave here in Australia at the moment. It's pretty unpleasant. Can't stop making swimwear.

    ReplyDelete